There's an animation by a film production, animation and special effects studio called Cube that I like very very much. I guess that some backgrounds may be 3D, but most of the animation is probably done in traditional animation.



I wanted to post it today since during the day I've been questioning myself about my tendency to work in 2D, due to several facts. First, because of a conversation I've heard this morning about the scarce professional possibilities that 2D offers. Secondly, because I see many people in class deciding to work with 3D and because of the fact that animation studios like Walt Disney have given up traditional animation and many others are successfully producing 3D animation films. Finally, because a friend just sent me a link to a CGI website with awesome examples of drawings and animations made by combining Photoshop and Painter with several 3D softwares like Maya, ZBrush, 3D Studio Max, Mental Ray or Blender.
Of course, I'm aware that many people continue using 2D techniques, with beautiful results such as this one, so I'm posting this to remind me of its possibilities and to encourage myself to work on my Negotiated Studies project. I'll have time to experiment with Maya or 3D Studio, which I'm already eager to do.
And here's the link to the Computer Graphics Society of Digital Artists.