In November I decided I wasn't happy with the story I had thought to create. So, since I wanted to keep a pair of twins as main characters, I started designing them. I was hoping to develop their personalities whilst I was drawing them and to come up with a story to tell about them or simply a way to introduce them.

These are the designs for Thelma and Tilda, two identical twins except for the fact that Thelma is to be created with 3d software and Tilda by hand-drawing.














Thelma, the one on the left side of the image, is the 3d one. Since 3d animation is precise, based on computing language and subject to this, Thelma is the practical one of the sisters. She's normally serious, a bit bossy, impatient and touchy. On the other hand, her sister Tilda is an easygoing, funny dreamer, who doesn't worry much about anything and acts calmly.

When I got to know them better, I found out that Thelma has an artistic streak and works in an Art shop. She loves pottery, because it helps her relax, she says, and loves wearing colourful clothes.

Tilda is very vain and usually wears smart clothes. She studies acting and her favourite music is jazz. I think this music perfectly matches her personality, since she likes improvisation and doing things on the spur of the moment.

They're about 19 years old, I reckon. Thelma tends to feel responsible for her light-hearted sister and is constantly telling her what to do or how to behave, but most of the times Tilda just pretends to be paying attention to her sister's advice and then she does what she likes.